The Association was founded in 1911 and incorporated on October 8, 1964 as the “Connecticut Avenue Citizens Association.” The name was changed to the “Cleveland Park Citizens Association” on February 28, 1967. The present boundaries were adopted in December 1998.

Click here to read the October 2, 2011 Ceremonial Resolution passed by the DC City Council recognizing the 100th anniversary of the CPCA.

Click here for a detailed history of the CPCA through 2011.